5.10.11

My 21 Day challenge

So lately I have been thinking about the time I spent on my mission practicing an attitude of gratitude. I haven't been as good about it as I wish I was. I guess my thoughts were divine promptings that turned into divine intervention.
At my work my supervisor read about how it takes 21 days to create a habit. So he challenged us to be more effective and complete all of our tasks for a day. Great I can do this. It has caused a little more stress in my life and the life of my co-workers but ok. I get the point, but my co-workers didn't. So my supervisor decided to offer 1 day of PTO if we all complete the goal and we have three free-bee days. Even better. :)
After five days of this goal I happened to be in my postive psychology class and my teacher challenged us to a 21 day challenge where we will not complain, gossip or be sarcastic. My teach says we don't have to do the sarcastic one. I remember my mother asking me to not be so sarcastic, mostly in direction with my husband but I am going to try it. I know it will be hard because Honey and I are always so sarcastic in jest and we have a lot inside jokes about that. I also know for both of us it is a coping mechanism for our stress and frustration. So again this may not be easy and I know at times it might be more stressful for me then for most others but I know that I can find other ways to cope.
So the next few blogs might be about this 21 day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment